Our goal is to raise up, equip, and multiply autonomous student-led communities. These discipleship communities are more than just bible studies. These groups of students are devoted to loving God genuinely, loving each other authentically, and being sent out on mission together. So what does this look like for you? If you have a desire to start your own discipleship community, but don’t know where to start, let’s talk. If you have a desire to join a community of disciples, let’s talk. If you don’t fall in to either of these categories we would still love to meet up and hear your story.
- What time do you guys meet? We don’t. Because we are network of small groups, right now we have no centralized gathering time. One day we would love a time to gather all of our groups, but we aren’t there yet.
- Where are your offices? We have no official office. Everything is done on campus or in the surrounding area.
- Are you affiliated with a church? We have not been sent out by a church and we are not affiliated with any larger organization. Impact is it’s own 501c3 non-profit. We are governed by a board of elders that consists of former Impact staff, current ministers, and Impact alumni.
- So is Impact a church? No, Impact Charlotte the Organization is not a church. But, our heart is that your are part of a body of disciples that are committed to each other. If you want to get plugged into a traditional multi-generational church, we have great relationships with multiple church and can refer you to a number of places. At the same time, we believe students can become a body of dedicated believers on campus that are pursuing life with God and others which reflects the biblical Church.
- What denomination or you? We are multi-denominational.
- Is Impact only at UNCC? Impact Charlotte was founded in 2004, and as of right now, only at UNCC.
- Are you affiliated with campus? We are a registered student organization.
- How is Impact funded? Impact staff raise their own salary and ministry budget through relationships and churches.